It is a fact: Salad greens are good for you. But the dressings, not so much. A lot of dressings are loaded with fat since they are oil or cream based.
So here's a few ways to dress down your salad.
- Thin creamy dressings, like poppy seed or blue cheese, with non-fat milk.
- Spray salad with olive oil spray so it is not over dressed.
- If you are making dressing at home use olive oil or canola oil since they have good monounsaturated fats, and canola oil has omega 3 fatty acids too.
- Use non-fat salsa as a dressing substitute.
- If you are ordering a salad out, ask for the dressing on the side.
Tell your friends