Did you eat more than you wanted to at your Thanksgiving meal? If you answered yes, you are not alone. So to help the digestion process along, here are a few ideas.
After the meal:
- Drink some tea, both ginger tea and chamomile tea improve digestion. Warm beverages promote digestion in general, so any kind of herbal tea will help.
- Chewable papaya enzyme can help promote digestion as well.
To see how you can help yourself the day after T-day, read more
The next morning:
- Oatmeal is high in insoluble fiber, which helps get things moving, if you know what I mean.
- Drink plenty of water to help the body digest and eliminate waste. Insoluble fiber needs water to help it do its magic.
The rest of the day:
- Eat foods high in insoluble fiber at every meal, like carrot sticks, with your turkey sandwich made with whole wheat bread, of course.
- Get moving. Exercise stimulates the intestines and this will get things moving as well. A little sweating helps the body process and burn the extra calories you consumed. Plus a good workout helps eliminate any guilt you might be feeling about having second helpings of almost every dish.