Thinking about taking the plunge and joining a gym? Before you start shopping for a gym, be sure to consider these tips from CBC News.
- Cooling off period: You may have up to 10 days to change your mind after signing a contract to join a fitness club.
- Lifetime Membership: Are they trying to talk you into a lifetime membership? That is a bad sign they are fishing for members.
- Monthly dues: Do you have the option to pay your fees monthly? Or is it all up front?
- Location: If it's close to your home or job, you will be more likely to go.
- Facilities: If you want to swim and there's no pool, you'll be wasting your money.
- Programs: Does the centre offer fitness classes as well as weight and cardio machines?
- Equipment: Are the machines clean, modern and in good working order?
- Maintenance: Is the facility clean? Is there enough space between machines?
- Track record: Has the club been in business for a long time?