The fact that the original set of judges will reunite on tonight's season premiere of The Voice isn't the reality show's only big news — judge Christina Aguilera will also be debuting her dramatic weight-loss transformation. Sources close to her have confirmed that she turned to longtime trainer Tee Sorge to help her revamp her healthy living habits by exploring new ways to exercise and sticking to healthier fresh foods. But no matter what her dress size, Christina has always been vocal about the importance of body confidence. Here are five of our favorite quotes from Christina on having a healthy body image.
- "I've been through my highs; I've been through my lows; I've been through the gamut of all things in this business," she said in Marie Claire. "Being too thin. Being bigger. I've been criticized for being on both sides of the scale. It's noise I block out automatically. I love my body. My boyfriend loves my body. My son is healthy and happy, so that's all that matters to me."
- "It's important to embrace the things you might define as so-called imperfections — because something that you might call an imperfection, someone else might find so amazing and so beautiful," she said in Elle. "It's all in how you embrace yourself, your faults, and your mistakes in life. There's no better way to learn and become a better person than to go through those moments."
- "I don't weigh myself — it's all about how I feel in my clothes. What looks good on one person might not look good on another body type. I happen to be very confident in my own skin. It takes time to get to that place, but it's all about embracing yourself and your body," she told Marie Claire.
- "I am enjoying being a woman now. Every year I think, This is going to be a great year, a new chapter. And it is. I enjoyed being young but I would never relive my teens. Those are hard years for everyone," she confessed to ABC in 2012.
- "At this point of my life, I'm 32 and I feel sexier than ever because you know what you want," she recently said on Jay Leno.