While there is no magic weight loss pill, the common chickpea seems to come close — at least as a natural diet supplement.
According to a small study published in the journal Appetite, the garbanzo bean helped keep dieters on track. Participants in the study who ate a half cup of chickpeas daily, which contains 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein, consume fewer calories from high fat, low fiber foods; but once they stopped eating the beans, the participants began to snack more on less healthy fare.
My advice is to go gonzo for garbanzo beans and here are a few recipes to help with that task:
- Spicy Roasted Garbanzo Beans
- Couscous With Chard and Roasted Chickpeas
- Chickpea and Tomato Salad
- Mediterranean Salad With Chickpea Patties
- Chickpea, Carrot, and Currant Salad
Tell me how you enjoy garbanzo beans in the comments section below.