The first day of June is National Running Day! Put your excuses aside, lace up your sneakers, and get ready to hit the road . . . or treadmill. We've rounded up some of our favorite tips, gear recs, and stretches to warm you up before your run, cool you down when you're done, and hopefully make the actual act of running that feel that much less lonely!
- Get back to basics and review the best practices for tying your sneakers.
- Skip the stretching and try this active warmup before pounding the pavement.
- Remember: when shopping for running shoes, they should feel good in the store.
Have a plan
- Bring some speed work to your outdoor run with this workout.
- Run for the hills! Here's a hill repeat workout to help you make the grade.
- Build your intervals indoors with this 30-minute pyramid interval treadmill workout.
Take a tip or two
- Make running against the wind work for you.
- Keep going and going and going with these tips for building your endurance.
- Tackle trail running with these two tips.
- Clever ways to stash your keys while dashing about town.
- A handful of earphones designed to stay put while you run.
- Stay hydrated on the go with these handheld water bottles.
- No om required! Try these yoga poses designed to keep runners on the road.
- Tight legs post-run? Here are stretches to relieve the tight places running brings.
- Bring length to short hamstrings with these five easy stretches.
Now tell us why you run!