Just in time to get your healthy snack on when heading back to school, Kind has added six new flavor to its lineup of bars. I was lucky enough to receive some preview samples of the new flavors. I appreciate how healthy these bars are, but the flavors were a little hit-and-miss for me.Although I'm usually a peanut butter freak, the two bars featuring this ingredient did not wow me, but some of the simple fruit flavors did. Here's a thumbnail review of each new flavor:
- The Peanut Butter Chocolate is definitely high in protein but was so chocolately I couldn't really taste the peanut butter.
- Although I enjoyed the flavor of strawberry essence in the Peanut Butter Strawberry bar, I would rather make myself a sandwich with the same ingredients.
- I loved the high-in-fiber Blueberry Pecan Bar; it was sweet and tart with a perfectly chewy texture.
- The Pomegranate Blueberry Pistachio was also a palate-pleaser and provides 50 percent daily value of vitamins A, C, and E.
- The Apple Cinnamon Pecan reminded me of apple pie and wasn't too sweet.
- The Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew definitely satisfied my chocolate craving.
To see how the bars compare nutritionally, keep on reading.
|Serving Size = 1 bar (40 g)||Calories||Total Fat (g)||Saturated Fat (g)||Sodium (mg)||Carbs (mg)||Fiber (g)||Sugars (g)||Protein (g)|
|Apple Cinnamon Pecan||180||10||1||25||23||2.5||13||3|
|Peanut Butter Strawberry||190||11||1.5||30||18||4||10||7|
|Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate||180||12||3.5||65||17||2||11||7|
|Pomegranate Blueberry Pistachio||170||8||1||25||24||4||13||3|
|Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew||180||9||2.5||20||22||3||14||4|
The bars all retail for around $2, and you can find them on the shelves of your local Whole Foods. Or use The Kind Bar store locator to find a store near you.