On the weekends, when 9-to-5 isn't calling, you can steal time away to exercise without the confines of a lunch hour. Longer workouts are perfect for Saturday mornings! They not only burn a crazy amount of calories but also set a healthy tone for your two days off. Here are some ideas for longer workouts you can do this weekend.
- Hike from 8 till noon (with a 30-minute break for lunch): 1,134 calories burned*
- Three-hour yoga workshop (Vinyasa, Ashtanga, or fast-paced yoga): 806 calories burned
- Two-hour Zumbathon: 648 calories burned
- Bike ride during the kids' afternoon nap (moderate pace of 14 mph for two hours): 1,080 calories burned
- Minitriathlon at the gym (30-minute swim doing the crawl stroke at a moderate pace: 270 calories, 30-minute bike ride at 15 mph: 270 calories, 30-minute run at 10 mph: 297 calories) = 837 total calories burned
- Leisurely 90-minute run in the woods or along the beach (pace around 11 minutes per mile): 729 calories burned
- Brisk two-and-a-half-hour walk with an old friend (pace around 15 minutes per mile): 608 calories burned
*All calculations are based on a 130-pound woman.