Another great episode on "The Biggest Loser" last night - once again I was brought to tears.
From the Red Team getting immunity from the weigh-in by winning the challenge to Jillian really showing the Black Team her heart, the episode was jam packed. I am loving that the trainers are more involved this season because it makes them a little more accountable. In the end Patty, quite possibly the most smiley contestant ever on BL, got the boot from Bob's Blue team. I was proud of her however as she looked great in her check-up at the end of the show. Check out her parting words at iVillage.com. While we're at it, check out Sunny's interview with Jerry, who got kicked off last week, at Sunny's Shape Up Blog.
Here's what I learned from "The Biggest Loser" this week:
- American's consume over half a billion cupcakes each year, which is about 90 billion calories per year.
- Food should never be a reward, so think of something else to reward yourself with. Perhaps a hot new pair of high heels instead.
- It's impossible to win something if you don't even attempt it in the first place.
- Get someone to push you to go beyond your comfort zone and encourage you to succeed - this could be a trainer, a best friend, a sister or a coworker.
- One spin class can burn around 700-1000 calories, so get spinning. To find a free spin class near you, click here.
- Get something tangible to remind yourself of your goals. On BL they use goal shirts, which are cute logo t-shirts, but maybe you're more inspired by something a little prettier like a bracelet.
I also loved Jillian's trainer tip. To find out what it was, just read more
"Try bringing a resistance band to the office. You can do all sorts of stuff with it like bicep curls and shoulder presses - you can even do bent over dumbbell rows. It's a great way to get a workout in your work day."