You feel a cold coming on: a sore throat, that fatigued feeling, and a sniffly nose that won't quit. But even if you've just got the characteristic "above the neck" symptoms, you can still fit in that workout. Just be sure to exercise at half your normal intensity, and choose one of these discomfort-relieving workouts — and if ever in doubt, choose rest and water instead.
- Clear your head: Battling a cold can leave you feeling stressed and just plain awful; these restorative, anxiety-busting yoga poses are made to calm you down.
- Take a walk: Your best bet is to exercise at half your regular intensity, and then gradually increase as you start to feel better; this walk-jog treadmill workout may be exactly what you need.
- Relieve sinus pressure: Open up your chest and unclog sinuses with this yoga sequence to relieve congestion.
- Dance it up: A quick cardio burst can make you feel better instantly. Dance along to your favorite upbeat songs, or dial back the intensity but keep the fun of this 10-minute PlyoJam workout to get things shaking.
- Stretch it out: This 10-minute stretching video can help you relax and feel better and is a great option if you're not up for a full workout.