So you've been hitting the gym a lot to get into that bikini and now that you've arrived, try and keep it that way with this beach body beach workout:
- Warm-Up: Tread water for 5 minutes.
- Cardio: Jog in the sand for at least 30 minutes. For an added challenge, run in ankle high water.
- Walking Lunges: Walking lunges are a great variation to regular lunges. Plus doing them in the sand adds a whole new variation. Try doing 20 forward and 20 backward. For an added challenge, hold two water bottles down at your sides.
- Mountain Climbers: Do 3 one minute intervals. (Hands in sand with shoulders over hands. One leg tucked, one leg extended. As quickly as possible "climb" alternating legs back and forth.) Word to the wise: You may want to close your eyes as you'll probably be kicking up a lot of sand.
- Push-Ups: Do 3 sets of 10 push-ups on the sand. For an added challenge, make sure your head is at a slightly lower level than your feet.
- Crab Walk: (Reverse push-up position: belly facing up, abs tight, legs out in front of you, arms extended below your shoulders, spine straight) Walk forward for 25 steps and then backward 25 steps. Repeat. For an added challenge, soak a towel and rest it on your belly for some added weight.
- Crunches: Do 2 sets of 25 basic crunches in the sand -- For an added challenge position yourself so that your head is at a slightly lower level than your feet.
- Cool-Down: Walk around in the sand for 5 minutes and follow with 15 high kicks.
Fit's Tip: Be sure to use a waterproof/sweatproof sunscreen and I prefer to wear sneakers (except when swimming) for support of my ankles despite the sand.