- Main Dishes
56 wonton wrappers
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup low-fat ricotta
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon fresh pepper
1 teaspoon egg white
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce of your choice
Fresh sage, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Mix pumpkin puree, ricotta, salt, pepper, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Dollop one heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin-ricotta mixture in the center of half (26) the wonton wrappers.
- Brush a little egg white around the filling all the way to the edges of each wonton wrapper.
- Place one of the remaining wonton wrappers on top of each of the wrappers with filling, and use your fingers to press down around the filling.
- Trim the edges with a knife or pizza cutter to your desired size, then press a fork down around the edges to seal your "pasta".
- Lightly brush each ravioli with a tiny bit of extra-virgin olive oil and spread out the ravioli on your baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes depending on the texture you prefer. Less baking time will leave you with more pasta-like ravioli, and an extra minute in the two in the oven will leave you with a pleasant wonton crunch around the edges.
- Move cooked ravioli to a paper towel for a few moments. Top them off with a drop of tomato sauce and sprinkle with sage. Enjoy while hot!
Makes 28 raviolis.
Nutritional information per serving (4 raviolis): calories 204, protein 10 g.