Apple Cider Doughnuts
(adapted from Mama Pea)
Learn how to make these baked doughnuts after the break!
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated cane sugar
2 tbsp molasses
3/4 cup apple cider (I used unpasteurized cider from Boyer’s Orchard in VT!)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a measuring cup, combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry until just mixed.
- Spoon into a greased mini doughnut pan or muffin tin (I used coconut oil to grease the pan: it does the trick every time).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
For more recipes like this, visit my healthy living blog: Frisky Lemon
Post your own recipes in our Healthy Recipe group, and we may feature yours on our own homepage!