Baked fries are a healthy treat, and when you top them with flavorful additions like feta cheese and diced peppers, who needs overly processed condiments? FitSugar reader CarCarDawn shows us how it's done with her recipe for oven-baked feta fries, which she posted in our Healthy Recipe group.
This recipe provides a lighter oven-baked version of cheese fries, with a Greek flare. Kali Orexi!
Check out the recipe after the break!
3 russet potatoes, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, cut halves into 1/4s to make eight slices per potato
1/4 cup olive oil
4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
1 small yellow pepper, diced
2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano leaves
1 lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Warm a baking sheet/pan in oven while slicing potatoes (The warm pan will keep the potato starch from sticking while baking).
- Toss cut potatoes in olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, spreading in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing periodically, until the fries are lightly browned and crisp.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta over top of fries, and bake for an additional five minutes, until warmed and slightly melted.
- Top fries with diced pepper, fresh oregano, and a squeeze of lemon before serving.
Have a similarly delicious recipe to share? Post it in the Healthy Recipe community group!