Catch the spirit of Valentine's Day with some heart-opening yoga poses. These moves, from Core Fusion, stretch the chest and front of the body to create a feeling of openness. We've added some pulsing to some of the poses to increase the burn. Grab your mat, press play, and get ready to open your heart.
- The healthy benefits of being a single gal — HuffPost Healthy Living
- Body by hotties: top trainers who are also easy on the eyes — Self
- Navigate the dating scene while sticking to your vegetarian diet — Vegetarian Times
- One in four women have tried the morning-after pill — POPSUGAR Sex & Culture
- How Bhakti yoga can turn heartbreak into moments of romance — Yoga Journal
- Lisa Ling's tips for making the home a peaceful oasis — POPSUGAR Smart Living
It's not too late to give the gift of the POPSUGAR Must Have box for Valentine's Day! Sign yourself, or any lucky lady in your life, up for our popular monthly subscription box. Every month, our editors curate their favorite picks in fashion, beauty, entertainment, home, fitness, food, and more, and deliver them right to your doorstep. You can get a peek at past boxes on our Must Have blog — every month, we are bringing you the hottest trends and our favorite tried-and-true products. Find out more, and sign up now!
When it comes to your fitness wardrobe this Spring, get ready to sweat it out in color! Although New York Fashion Week is in full swing for Fall 2013, we're eager to bring the bright hues of Spring fashion into our workouts. From jeweled purples to not-so-mellow yellows, a pop of color is just what you'll need to step up your workout in style.
Instead of rubbing elbows with strangers at an overcrowded restaurant this Valentine's Day, make this indulgent-tasting healthy meal. Surprise that special someone with our four-course dinner filled with vegan and carnivorous options, or double up in the kitchen and bond while whipping up coconut cream together. Either way, it's sure to be an intimate affair!
Goat Cheese SpreadStart the night off with a light bite. Our recipe still has the rich, creamy tang of goat cheese, but without all the calories found in a traditional spread. Pair it with fresh veggies and garlic-brushed crostini.
Apple and Cabbage SaladBefore the main course, cleanse the palette with a crisp apple and cabbage salad. This detoxing salad helps aid in digestion, which will come in handy after devouring this four-course meal!
Wine-Poached Steak With Haricots VertsOur steak with haricots verts is sure to impress any dinner date (well, unless of course, you're dining with a vegetarian. In that case, try our spicy cauliflower lasagna.). Made with heart-healthy red wine, this meaty dish falls right in line for a celebration of love. And at only 350 calories per serving, there's even more reason to love this dish.
See what cocktail and dessert to serve after the break!
Incorporating Handstand into your practice can be daunting. But like all balancing poses, a little confidence and a lot of core work go a long way. Try this rendition of the inversion to build both strength and muscle memory, which will prep your body and mind for a full-blown handstand.
- Position your mat in front of a wall, and come down to your hands and knees. Place your heels against the wall with your toes touching the floor. Plant your hands shoulder-width apart, and root them into the mat by spreading your fingers wide.
- Push back into a strong Downward Facing Dog with your heels up on the wall, and your toes still connected with the floor. Take a breath.
- On the exhale, begin to walk up the wall, one foot at a time, so that your body forms a 90-degree angle or "L" shape. You won't be able to see what you look like, so focus on getting your hips over your shoulders.
- Hold this inversion at least five breaths, and try again two or three times!
Chocolate and cherries are the perfect finish to any Valentine's Day dinner. We asked Melissa Costello, founder of Karma Chow, to share her favorite dessert featuring this classic combination. Her vegan "cheesecakes" will satisfy all your cravings for a creamy, chocolate treat. Watch the video to learn how easy they are to make — no baking required.
Fitting everything into one workout can be time consuming — unless you know the right moves. Most of these exercises work two to three major muscle groups at the same time, helping you finish your session sooner. Scroll through and pick the top pairs — or trios — that you want to focus on the most, and get moving!
Not only will an apple a day help keep the doctor away, but it will also keep you full until dinner! Aside from its nutritional benefits, antioxidant-rich apples can be turned into a variety of sweet and savory snacks for when that 3 p.m. hunger strikes. Peanut butter, cinnamon, and Greek yogurt will all make this sweet, crunchy fruit even tastier — these five recipes will show you exactly how!