- Shop the perfect gifts for your favorite guys — Fashion
- Fix sniffles with soothing shower disks — Smart Living
- Bookmark these Cyber Monday beauty deals now — Beauty
- Turn apples into delicious pancakes — Fitness
- Get a head start on decorating for the holidays — Home
- Learn about the gay marriage debate within the Cheney family — Celebrity & News
- Why was Christian Bale "concerned" about Jennifer Lawrence? — Entertainment
- Take impressive holiday-card photos with these 5 tips — Tech
- Avoid the dreaded Thanksgiving oven jam like a pro — Food
- Video: Discover how 1 start-up is saving book binding from extinction — Tech
- Think positive thanks to inspirational quotes on Instagram — Love & Sex
- Plan the perfect college visit for your child — Moms
Thanksgiving isn't quite the same without a pie (or two) on the table. This year make sure everyone gets a slice by baking up one of these healthy spins on the classics. There's a recipe here whatever the dietary restriction.
It doesn't get more classic than a slice of apple pie, but how about when that slice is vegan? Still a classic, this recipe for vegan apple pie is full of spices that will remind guests of Fall, like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
A Southern tradition, sweet potato pie is similar to pumpkin pie, but with a sweeter, earthier taste. Our vegan-approved recipe for sweet potato pie replaces butter and eggs with coconut oil and cornstarch, and it's finished off with a the dollop of coconut whipped-cream frosting.
This Thanksgiving classic isn't always the healthiest option; the crust is mostly butter and white flour, and the filling is high in saturated fat. Give tradition a spin — while also saving space in the oven — with our recipe for raw, vegan, gluten-free pumpkin pie. At 302 calories a slice, it has fewer calories than a traditional slice, and offers more fiber, less cholesterol, and much less sodium.
Give guests something a little different this year by offering up a vegan chocolate pie. It takes just a few simple steps and a total of three ingredients.
A dessert even your ancestors would love! This strawberry-rhubarb pie is Paleo-friendly, made without grains or refined sugar.
If you're not feeling fruity, this recipe for vegan pecan pie will do the trick. It takes less than two hours from start to finish, and no one will ever guess it's dairy-free!
High-intensity interval training, aka HIIT, is one of the best ways to maximize your workout time. Burn a ton of calories and boost your metabolism in little time with celeb trainer Astrid McGuire's full-body HIIT workout. It may be only 10 minutes long, but it will leave you dripping with sweat. There's no equipment needed for the workout, so press play and start your sweat sesh.
Are you dealing with shooting pains or numbness from sciatica? Discomfort is caused when the sciatic nerve (which runs from the lower spine down the back of each leg) gets pinched. It can be caused by an injury such as a slipped disk or pelvic fracture, pregnancy, or tight muscles in the lower back, hips, and legs. Whether you feel yours at night or after sitting or standing for a long time, relief is just a yoga mat away with these eight poses.
For an adorable autumnal twist on the usual pancake recipe, whip up these delicious apple ring pancakes. Slice fresh apples — any variety will work — and dip them in oatmeal pancake batter. We're talking more fruit, more fiber, and fewer calories.
They cook just like regular pancakes and the apples soften slightly, so when you take your first bite, the apple is slightly crisp, but oh so warm and juicy. There's the perfect amount of sweetness — no need for calorie-crazy maple syrup. These were topped with golden raisins and sliced almonds, but you can use any kind of fresh fruit, chopped nut, applesauce, or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Keep reading to learn this simple 57-calorie pancake recipe.
- Perk up — no caffeine needed! — HuffPost Healthy Living
- How to eat healthy on a tight budget — Fab Fit Fun
- Tonight's dinner: roasted salmon and bok choy — Greatist
- Maintain your running routine even in cold Winter temps — Health
- Store home workout equipment in these gorgeous baskets — POPSUGAR Home
- The weird things you don't know about sports bras — Women's Health
- A 10-minute plyometric workout to help you burn calories quickly — Fitness
With warming spices and seasonal flavors, it's hard to resist the Starbucks Fall menu. While steering clear of its Pumpkin Spice Latte is essential if you're cutting back on sugar, there are plenty of other delicious drinks that toast the season. Check out which picks are best to skip and which you should have in your next order.
|Instead Of||16 oz. Salted Caramel Mocha: Espresso and steamed milk, blended with mocha sauce and toffee-nut-flavored syrup. Topped with sweetened whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and a mixture of turbinado sugar and sea salt: 420 calories|
|Go For||16 oz. Nonfat Caramel Macchiato: Freshly steamed milk with vanilla-flavored syrup, marked with espresso and finished with caramel sauce: 190 calories|
|Instead Of||16 oz. Chocolate Chai Tea Latte: A warm blend of spices, black tea, creamy cocoa, and steamed milk. Topped with whipped cream: 260 calories|
|Go For||16 oz. Skinny Mocha: Bittersweet skinny mocha sauce, espresso, and steamed nonfat milk, lightly topped with foam: 140 calories|
|Instead Of||16 oz. White Chocolate Mocha: Espresso with white-chocolate-flavored sauce and steamed milk, topped with sweetened whipped cream: 470 calories|
|Go For||16 oz. Skinny Vanilla Latte: Rich, full-bodied espresso blended with creamy steamed milk and vanilla syrup: 120 calories|
Keep reading more healthy swaps — including one for the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
It's almost that time of year — when everything seems to sparkle a little bit more, including your wardrobe. Outshine even the most sequined party dress with these workouts that will help you dazzle this holiday season. Start now and be ready to stun all throughout December.
Sculpted Arms and Shoulders
Strapless styles call for sleek shoulder and arm muscles. Get them with these upper-body exercises:
- Best arm exercises for strapless dresses
- Four exercises to tone triceps
- Low-weight exercises that tone arms
- Sculpt shoulders with the push-up walk
Got your eye on a back-baring New Year's Eve number? You'll love these exercises that target those back muscles:
- Strengthen your lower back with the Superman
- The best exercises for your back
- The row plank — a total-body move that's great for shoulders
A Shapely Bum
Tight skirts show off your shapely backside, so give them something to look at with these exercises:
- Best exercises for a perky butt
- Our favorite butt exercises
- How to shape and lift your butt with dumbbells
Long and Lean Legs
Showing off those gams? These exercises help tone and tighten your lower body:
- A 30-day squat challenge for lean legs and a perky butt
- Thirteen ways to tone your inner thighs
- A leg-sculpting workout to bare those stems
Are you opting for a fitted dress or going all out with a crop top? A flat belly and sculpted abs complement any look:
A night on the town can be hard on your body. Do these stretches and exercises regularly to keep your energy up and the pains away: