Aside from cleaning, conditioning, and using products to make your hair silky and shiny, your diet also plays a huge role in its health. Here are some essential vitamins and minerals you'll need for strong tresses.
- Iron-rich foods such as lentils, potatoes with skin, peanuts, sunflower seeds, tofu, molasses, flaxseed, oysters, beef, chicken, shrimp, and trout are necessary for strong hair.
- Foods rich in zinc such as walnuts, salmon, cashews, pecans, almonds, and oysters can help prevent hair loss.
- Foods that contain biotin such as beans and eggs can prevent brittle hair.
- Foods rich in selenium like nuts are necessary for a healthy scalp.
To see the other four foods read more.
- Foods rich in vitamin B12 promote healthy hair, so get at least 2.4 micrograms a day by including foods such as chicken, shellfish, yogurt, cottage cheese, and eggs.
- Carbs such as whole grains and fruit are necessary every day. Low-carb diets can contribute to thinning hair.
- Foods rich in vitamin A such as cheese, eggs, carrots, spinach, and foods rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits and tomatoes are needed to produce sebum, your body's natural conditioner.
- Calcium-rich foods such as milk, yogurt, cheese, broccoli, sesame seeds and spinach are needed for hair growth. They also contain protein which prevents brittle hair.