We all know that the best way to a flat belly is by burning calories and fat through cardio. Bloating on the other hand, is its own beast and nothing kills a day at the beach than feeling super bloated.
Luckily there are easy ways to reduce bloating so that you can show-off that tummy you've been working so hard to get. Check out my top five ways to reduce bloating for bikini season:
- Stay away from salt. Too much sodium is not only bad for your heart, but will cause you to retain water and feel bloated.
- Drink Water. Being dehydrated is a sure way to cause you to retain water, so be sure you drink enough water to keep your body hydrated.
- Limit gassy foods. Some foods (such as lentils, artichokes, wheat bran, carbonated drinks, and more) create more gases in your body than others so you may want to limit them if you're about to suit up.
There are two more so read more.
- Eat Fiber. Fiber helps everything move through the intestines more quickly, which prevents constipation and bloating. If you're not accustomed to eating enough fiber then slowly add more and more fiber to your diet, or you'll feel even more bloated than before. Also make sure to drink plenty of water with all the fiber.
- Eat slower. One small cause of bloating could be that you're swallowing too much air when you're scarfing down your meals too quickly — this is why some of us get the hiccups when eating too quickly. So slow down when you eat and remember what mom said: close your mouth when you chew.
Do you have any sure ways to prevent bloating? I'd love to hear your tips so share them below.