There is a first for everything at some point in our lives, even a first time going to the gym. So whether or not you are an avid outdoor exerciser or new to exercising altogether, here are a few tips to making your first trip to the gym a pleasant one.
- Don't skip the new member tutorial -- It's helpful and informative.
- While they do it on TV and in the movies, slamming your weights down on the floor is not considered cool.
- Grunting, also not cool.
- If you're going to be doing a marathon session on the treadmill, make sure there are not others waiting to use it.
- Check out your gym's cell phone policy before having your daily phone convo with your sister on the elliptical.
- *Bonus Tip: Wipe your sweat off anything that acquires it, it's just common courtesy.
Have your own tips for newbies? Add them in the comments section below.