Everyone has suffered from sore or painful feet. Whether you've been on your feet all day working, or you're feeling it after a long run, try these suggestions.
- Check your shoes. Are they old, unsupportive, too tight, or too loose? Your footwear has a lot to do with how your feet feel so make sure you're wearing appropriate shoes for the activity you're doing.
- Stretch your feet and calves. Press the ball of your foot against a wall so your foot is at a 45° angle. Hold for 15 to 30 seconds and then do the other foot. Repeat on both sides for a total of three times.
- If your feet are swollen or in pain, ice and elevate them. Place a bag of ice or cold pack in a big sock and then slip the sock on. Ice for no more than 20 minutes.
- If your feet are just sore, either hop your entire self into a hot bath or fill a big pot with hot water, sit in your favorite chair, relax with a good book, and let the heat ease your pain.
- Give yourself a massage (or find a kind friend who will do it for you). Rub your feet, shins, and calves with moisturizing lotion. This will bring nourishing blood to the achy area, which helps ease pain.