Tight hamstrings are a complaint of many athletes since they're often overworked and under stretched. Here's some things you may not have known about your hammys:
- Your hamstring is actually made up of 3 different muscles. They run from your booty (sits bones) to the backs of your knees.
- Tight hamstrings can be responsible for postural problems and back pain, because they tend to pull the hips and pelvis out of its normal position.
- Your tight hamstrings may be your genetic destiny - you may have been born with naturally short hamstrings.
- Sports and working out aren't the only causes of tight and shortened hamstrings - They can also be caused by sitting in a chair all day, which begins at the age of 5 or 6 when we first start school.
- When you pull a hamstring, you've actually stretched the muscle fibers so much that they have torn. To prevent injuring yourself in the first place, stretch before and after your workout for at least 20 minutes - You don't want to end up like this guy...
I can't help but feel sorry for him even though his costume is a little ridiculous.