- The surface is spongy and forgiving, so it's great for knees and other joints. The softer surface also reduces your risk of injury.
- Since you know exactly how long a loop is, it's easy to track your distance.
- If you're working on increasing your speed, the smooth, flat, and predictable surface is perfect. You can run as fast as you want without worrying about sticks, holes, rocks, or gum.
If you want to know the other reasons you should run on a track, then keep reading.
- It's also a safe place to do creative running variations like running backwards, sideways walking, skipping, hopping, running while jumping rope, and walking lunges. Just make sure your lane is clear.
- There are indoor and outdoor tracks, so whether it's rainy, sunny, humid, or snowing, you always have a clean and dry place to run.
What is your favorite reason for running at the track?