I was not always a runner. I would opt for anything else for cardio, than running, even the StairMaster.
However after spending some time getting into it and working on my technique, I can officially call myself a 'runner'. This feels good. Maybe you're not into running (or even jogging) just yet, but maybe I can inspire you. So besides the fact that the cardio is really good for your heart, here are my top five reasons to love running:
- It Gives You A Runner’s High: Sounds cliché, I know, but it's true. After running, my endorphins are pumping and I feel great.
- It Gives You A Sense of Accomplishment: This point is important, especially for anyone who's ever looked at a runner and said, "I could never do that." The truth is that you can run and once you do, you'll feel very accomplished and proud of yourself.
- It Gives You Measurable Progress: In other words, it's easy to see improvement in endurance. In the beginning of running, you may only be able to run half a mile before conking out. However, after each session you'll be able to go just a little bit further and before you know it you'll be running five miles with no problems.
- It Burns Calories: Pretty self explanatory and anything that burns major calories is alright in my book.
- It's Free: You can run anywhere, anytime. True, you should get some good running gear and a great pair of running sneakers, but running does not require a trainer or gym membership. We were born knowing how to run.
Have your own reasons for loving running? Add them in the comments section below.