Snacks are the perfect opportunity to refuel on a little extra protein, especially if you need a late afternoon pick-me-up. Here are five easy snack ideas that offer about five grams of protein and are each under 150 calories. I have to say that lately, the first one is my fave.
- 4 oz. snack size container of lowfat cottage cheese: 90 calories, 11 grams protein
- Two tablespoons of hummus on four Kashi Heart to Heart crackers: 138 calories, 4.7 grams protein
- 21 raw almonds: 148 calories, 5.4 grams protein
- 6 oz. container Chobani vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt: 120 calories, 16 grams protein
- 1/2 cup shelled organic edamame: 100 calories, 8 grams protein
Do you have any other high-protein, low-calorie snack ideas? If so, share them below.