Have you seen any signs of Fall at your farmers market yet? I recently had my first taste of this season's apple bounty, and over the weekend, I visited a pear orchard. These Fall fruits are getting me all sorts of excited to cook, especially since they taste good in sweet and savory dishes. And because I'm all about spreading excitement, I have a few healthy pear recipes to pass along to you.
- Baked pears with maple Greek yogurt and granola. This dish is the perfect way to warm up on a cold morning, and since it's full of fiber and protein, you'll power through until the afternoon.
- Edamame and pear crostinis. Make these bite-sized snacks and throw yourself an impromptu party. They may be low in calories, but they're full of flavor and protein.
- Apple pear oatmeal crisp. Combine two of Fall's favorite fruits — apples and pears — and make yourself this sweet treat.
- Cranberry-pear wild rice stuffing. Your new favorite side dish! Pears in a savory rice dish? You bet.
- Rosemary pear sparkler. Because every girl deserves a cocktail, make yourself one of these sparklers and say cheers!