Sometimes all it takes are a few simple changes to help drop a few pounds. Oftentimes they are things you didn't even think about or realize the impact that small practices could be having on your weight.
Here are ten tips from eDiets that you could do to help drop those extra pounds. Some you may not have even considered before:
- Read the fine print! When you’re dining out, you can lose 10 pounds per year by choosing a “light” entrée, such as grilled chicken and salad. Those healthy choices can have at least 250 calories less than traditional meat dishes.
- The sundae solution! Pour a tablespoon of chocolate over fresh fruit and your total calorie intake for this snack is 110 to 160 calories compared to the 250 calories found in a candy bar or the 500 calories found in an ice cream cone.
- Set your alarm! Even a modest amount of exercise -- walking 15 minutes, 5 times a week -– burns calories.
- Pedal while you prattle! Next time you're chatting on the phone, get on your stationary bike (as long as you're not at the gym). Pedaling on a stationary bike at 10 miles an hour for 25 minutes burns 100 calories. A faster pace of 17 miles per hour for 15 minutes also burns 100 calories. Get spinning.
- Beware the burger blast! A half-pound of grilled hamburger meat has about 800 calories. The same amount of lean roast beef has half this amount.
- Cooking with spray! Each tablespoon of butter or margarine has 100 calories. Substitute a vegetable oil spray for one tablespoon.
- Join the snack committee! Healthful snacks make an incredible difference. Swapping a serving of fruit for the usual supercookie each week will save you at last 500 calories. And you’ll probably save 1,000 calories since few of us stop at one cookie!
- The Happy Hour trap! Suppose you avoid three "happy hours" a month. You could possibly lose up to 31 pounds in a year (if you are usually somewhat of a party animal).
- The secret is plastics! When you use plastic containers to store meals -- especially batch meals you prepare ahead of time -- you’ll forego all those calories that come from lunches at greasy spoon dinners.
- Slash corporate calories! Office-prepared dinners, a frozen dinner or frozen leftovers, will easily have 400 fewer calories than restaurant meals. If you work late an average of three times a week, this change alone will help you lose about 18 pounds a year.
There are more so just read more